Mail merge is a useful feature in Outlook that allows you to send personalized emails to a large number of recipients at once. However, if you want to include attachments in your mail merge, you may encounter some difficulties. In this article, we will guide you through the process of performing a mail merge with attachments in Outlook.
Firstly, it is important to note that the ability to include attachments in a mail merge is only available in the desktop version of Outlook, not the web version. Additionally, the attachments must be stored locally on your computer, as you cannot attach files from cloud storage services such as OneDrive or Dropbox.
To perform a mail merge with attachments in Outlook, follow these steps:
1. Create a new email message in Outlook and compose the body of the email as you normally would for a mail merge.
2. Click on the “Mailings” tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen, and select “Start Mail Merge” > “E-mail Messages”.
3. In the “Select Recipients” section, choose the recipients for your mail merge. You can select them from your Outlook contacts, or from an external data source such as an Excel spreadsheet.
4. Click on the “Insert Merge Field” button to add any personalized fields to your email, such as the recipient’s name or company.
5. To add an attachment to your email, click on the “Attach File” button in the “Include” section of the ribbon. Browse to the location of the file on your computer and select it.
6. Repeat step 5 for any additional attachments you wish to include.
7. Once you have finished composing your email and adding attachments, click on the “Finish & Merge” button in the “Finish” section of the ribbon. Choose “Send E-mail Messages” from the dropdown menu.
8. In the “Merge to E-mail” dialog box, choose the email field that contains the recipient’s email address, and click “OK”.
Outlook will now send out your mail merge emails, with the personalized fields and attachments included for each recipient.
In conclusion, performing a mail merge with attachments in Outlook can be a useful way to send personalized emails to a large number of recipients. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily include attachments in your mail merge and ensure that each recipient receives the correct files.
we hope that this guide has been helpful in showing you how to perform a mail merge with attachments in Outlook. Remember to use the desktop version of Outlook and ensure that your attachments are stored locally on your computer. With these tips in mind, you can easily send personalized emails with attachments to a large number of recipients. Good luck with your mail merge!
- How to write “one thousandth of seven thousand” in scientific notation? - January 31, 2024
- The privilege or permission to use an aed on an ambulance is granted and supervised by: - January 31, 2024
- What does USPS ‘PO to Addressee’ mean? - January 31, 2024