Two compounds have the same formulas but are geometrically different. how are these two compounds related? they are alkenes. they are alkanes. they are isomers. they are alcohols.
A compound is a substance that contains two or more elements that are chemically combined which can only be separated by chemical methods. A molecule is the smallest particle of a chemical compound that can participate in a chemical reaction. A molecule is a substance that contains two or more atoms of the same or different elements. Explanation: A compound and a molecule contain at least two atoms of the same or different elements. A molecule can be a compound or a part of a compound For instance, water (H2O) is a compound containing two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen. Water is also a molecule, a molecule of water contains two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen. In the above examples, H2 is a molecule containing two hydrogen atom and forms a part of the water molecule. Also, a molecule of carbon dioxide CO2 is a compound containing one carbon atom and two oxygen atoms. The two oxygen atoms O2 is a molecule that forms a part of the compound.
Compounds relate to atoms, molecules, and elements, because atoms form the molecules and are also the smallest form of elements that can be grouped together to make chemical compounds. Molecules are related to atoms, because molecules are groups of atoms joined together by bonds.
1. to answer questions about the natural world The aim of scientific method is to answer a question that the scientist have. To answer the question, the scientist need to design a research or observation. If the research is flawed, the result might not match with the scientist aim and the conclusion will be wrong. Scientific method can be used to help design the research so it will have less flaw 2. fertilizer The student wants to determine the effect of a certain brand of liquid fertilizer on the growth of ivy. The fertilizer are hoped to influence the growth of the ivy. Independent variable is the variable that hoped to influence the dependent variable. So, the independent variable would be fertilizer. 3. soil; light Control variable is the variable that could influence the independent variable, but doesn’t want to be observed. Control variable should be made same so it wont influence the result. In this case, the plant use the same amount of soil. The plant also put in front of a same window, so they should get the same amount of sunlight. 4. Humidty The scientist wants to determine if humidity affects chirping in crickets. The humidity hoped to affects the chirping in crickets. Independent variable is the variable that hoped to influence the dependent variable. So, the humidity is independent variable while the number of chirping is the dependent variable. 5. dependent variable The scientist is testing the efficiency of various microwaves by measuring the temperature of water. The microwaves is hoped to influence the temperature of the water. So, the temperature would be the dependent variable of the experiment and the microwaves will be the independent variable 6. water; air; soil Abiotic factor consist of factor that made of non-living things. Water, air and soil is not a living things. Animals like elephant should be clearly living so they are biotic factor. Grass and tree could not move freely like animal and hard to determine if still living or not, but they should be considered as living thing. 7. an alligator submerges itself under water to stay cool in the summer; an alligator suns itself on the shore to raise its body temperature. If a bird picks food from alligator teeth, it would be interaction of biotic factor with biotic factors. Alligator trying to control their body temperature by sunbath or submerge would be interaction between abiotic factor(sunlight, water) with biotic factor(alligator). Oxygenated water is interaction between abiotic factor(water) with abiotic factor(air/oxygen). 8. strong adhesion Water has high heat capacity which makes it temperature hard to changes. It will need more energy/heat to change the temperature of water when compared to air. Adhesion of water makes it could stick to other things while cohesion makes the water stick to itself. The force that cause molecules of water to stick to the sides of a drinking straw would be adhesion. 9. 14 oxygen has atomic number 8 and atomic mass of 14. The atomic number show the amount of proton and electron that the oxygen has while the atomic mass show the sum of proton and neutron. The number of protons and neutrons in stable oxygen would be 14, same as the atomic mass. 10. protons; neutrons Protons and neutrons could be found in the nucleus of the atom while the electron is orbiting in the outer layer. The mass of the atom mostly contributed by the protons and neutrons while the electron is too small and their mass is negligible. 11. ions are atoms with extra electrons or too few electrons; isotopes are atoms with extra neutrons or too few neutrons; isotopes are radioactive When an atom has less electron it will be called cation while the atom with more electron called anion. Isotopes have different number of neutrons which make some of them become radioactive. Isotope should have the same number of electrons. 12. it has 4 valence electrons, so it can make 4 strong bond with other atoms. Carbon made most of the organic compound. Carbon can be found in carbohydrate, protein and lipid. It has 4 valence electrons which enable 4 slot of covalent bond with oxygen and hydrogen which allow those 3 molecule to have many type of bonds. 13. Need image to 4. The compound has different properties, because the bonds cause structural changes of the elements Compound will have different properties compared to the element that makes it. Table salt is made of natrium and chlorine atom. The natrium element will explode when exposed to water while natrium chloride is found most in the sea. 15. exothermic Reaction that produce energy will be called exothermic while reaction that absorb energy called endothermic. If the reaction cause light and explosion, then the reaction should produce energy and called exothermic. The ion or compound should have no relation in this.
An element is a material that consists of a single type of atom. Each atom type contains the same number of protons. Chemical bonds link elements together to form more complex molecules called compounds. A compound consists of two or more types of elements held together by covalent or ionic bonds. Explanation: Above ^ I
Atoms are the most basic units Elements are specific types of atoms Compounds are composed of more than one type of element and are held together by chemical bonds
The purpose of using the Scientific Method is 1, 2, 4, 5 outro; live
A. Same elements, different compounds
Elements are a one of a class of substances that cannot be seperwted into simpler substances by chemicalk means.
Compounds is a substance formed when two or more chemical elements are chemically bonded together.
Relation: When two elements or more are formed chemically together its called a compound without elements there won’t be compounds and without compounds there won’t be elements.
12. it has 4 valence electrons, so it can make 4 strong bond with other atoms.14. the compound had different properties, because the bond cause structural change of the elements.15. exothermic16. CH4 and O217. Metabolism18. by increasing the energy that is needed to start the reaction.19. how acidic or basic a solution is.20. amino acids
- Top Reasons to Study Human Resource Management in 2023 - February 3, 2023
- 10 Ways MBA Helps in Achieving Your Career Goals - February 2, 2023
- How to Get Bad Credit Online Loans for Fast Emergency Funding - February 1, 2023