If you are encountering an error message that says “MSVCR120.dll is missing” on your Windows computer, it means that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package is not installed or is corrupted. This error can occur when you try to run a program or game that requires this package to function properly.
Here are some steps you can take to fix the MSVCR120.dll missing error:
1. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package: You can download and install the package from the Microsoft website. Make sure to select the correct version based on your operating system and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
2. Repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package: If you already have the package installed, you can try repairing it. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, find the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, right-click on it and select “Repair”.
3. Update your Windows operating system: Make sure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date with the latest updates and patches. This can help resolve any compatibility issues that may be causing the error.
4. Reinstall the program or game: If the error occurs when you try to run a specific program or game, try reinstalling it. This can help replace any missing or corrupted files that may be causing the error.
5. Run a system file checker: You can use the built-in System File Checker tool to scan and repair any corrupted system files that may be causing the error. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
In conclusion, the MSVCR120.dll missing error can be fixed by installing or repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, updating your Windows operating system, reinstalling the program or game, or running a system file checker. Make sure to follow the steps carefully and accurately to resolve the error and get your program or game running smoothly again.
I hope these steps were helpful in resolving the MSVCR120.dll missing error on your Windows computer. Remember to always keep your operating system and software up-to-date to avoid any compatibility issues in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to seek additional support from the software or game developer, or from a trusted computer technician.
- Was “Dash Riprock” a character on Flintstones or Beverly Hillbillies? - February 12, 2024
- Why in the episode of Family Guy “stew-roids” stewiw says “uh-oh spadoodios” and moreover, why it is funny? - February 12, 2024
- What does original condition mean? - February 12, 2024