If you are a PlayStation 3 user and you are encountering the error message “Access to the media server is not allowed. It is possible that the system name for this PS3 ‘PS3-391’ has not been registered” while trying to access media files on your Windows computer, then you are not alone. This error message usually occurs when the PS3 is unable to connect to the media server on your Windows computer.
The good news is that this error can be fixed with a few simple steps. Here are some solutions that you can try:
1. Check your network settings: Make sure that your PS3 and Windows computer are connected to the same network. If they are not, then you will not be able to access the media server.
2. Register your PS3: To register your PS3, go to the Windows Media Player on your computer and click on “Stream” in the top menu. Then click on “More streaming options” and select your PS3 from the list of devices. Click on “Allow” to give your PS3 access to the media server.
3. Check your firewall settings: If your firewall is blocking the connection between your PS3 and Windows computer, then you will not be able to access the media server. Make sure that your firewall is configured to allow the PS3 to connect to the media server.
4. Restart your devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your PS3 and Windows computer can fix the problem.
5. Use a third-party media server: If none of the above solutions work, you can try using a third-party media server such as Plex or Universal Media Server. These media servers are designed to work with a wide range of devices, including the PS3.
In conclusion, the error message “Access to the media server is not allowed. It is possible that the system name for this PS3 ‘PS3-391’ has not been registered” can be frustrating, but it can be fixed with a few simple steps. Try the solutions listed above and you should be able to access your media files on your PS3 in no time.
We hope that the solutions provided above were helpful in resolving the error message you were encountering while trying to access media files on your Windows computer through your PS3. If you continue to experience any issues, don’t hesitate to seek further assistance. Enjoy accessing your media files on your PS3!
- Pursuing a Nursing Degree: What You Should Remember - February 13, 2024
- Does the Arrested Development epilogue exist? - February 13, 2024
- To stretch a spring 9.00cm from its unstretched length, 19.0 J of work must be done.? - February 12, 2024