If you are encountering the error code WindowsUpdate_80072EFE “WindowsUpdate_dt000” while trying to update your Windows operating system, then you are not alone. This error code usually occurs when there is a problem with the Windows Update service or when your computer is unable to connect to the Windows Update servers. Fortunately, there are several solutions that you can try to fix this error code and get your Windows updates back on track.
Here are some of the solutions that you can try:
1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the Windows Update error code. So, try restarting your computer and then check if the error code has been resolved.
2. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that your internet connection is stable. If your internet connection is unstable, then you may encounter the WindowsUpdate_80072EFE error code.
3. Disable your firewall and antivirus: Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus software can block the Windows Update service, which can result in the WindowsUpdate_80072EFE error code. So, try disabling your firewall and antivirus temporarily and then check if the error code has been resolved.
4. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that can help you fix common Windows Update errors. To run the troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update and then click on the “Run the troubleshooter” button.
5. Reset the Windows Update components: If none of the above solutions work, then you can try resetting the Windows Update components. To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and then type the following commands one by one:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
After running these commands, restart your computer and then check if the error code has been resolved.
In conclusion, the WindowsUpdate_80072EFE error code can be frustrating, but it is not a permanent problem. By following the solutions mentioned above, you can easily fix this error code and get your Windows updates back on track.
I hope that the solutions provided were helpful in resolving the WindowsUpdate_80072EFE error code. If you continue to encounter this error, don’t hesitate to seek further assistance from Microsoft support or a professional technician. Remember to keep your Windows operating system up to date to ensure optimal performance and security.