If you are trying to update your Windows 10 to the latest version 21H2 and encountering the error code 0xc1900223, then you are not alone. This error usually occurs when there is a problem with the Windows Update service or when the system files are corrupted. However, there are several ways to fix this issue and successfully install the update.
Here are some solutions that you can try to fix the Windows 10 21H2 update error 0xc1900223:
1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue. So, try restarting your computer and then check if the update is installing or not.
2. Disable antivirus software: Antivirus software can sometimes interfere with the Windows Update process. So, try disabling your antivirus software temporarily and then try installing the update.
3. Run Windows Update troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that can detect and fix common Windows Update issues. To run the troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update.
4. Clear the Windows Update cache: Sometimes, the Windows Update cache can get corrupted, which can cause the update to fail. To clear the cache, open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following commands one by one:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Perform a clean boot: A clean boot can help you identify if any third-party software is causing the issue. To perform a clean boot, follow these steps:
– Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
– Type msconfig and press Enter.
– In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
– Click on Disable all.
– Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
– Disable all the startup items.
– Close Task Manager and click on OK in the System Configuration window.
– Restart your computer and try installing the update.
6. Reset Windows Update components: If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting the Windows Update components. To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following commands one
Hopefully, one of these solutions helped you fix the Windows 10 21H2 update error 0xc1900223. If you are still facing the issue, you can try contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. Remember to always keep your system updated to ensure the best performance and security.