If you are facing an issue with your Windows key not working, don’t worry, you are not alone. This is a common problem that many Windows users face. The Windows key is an essential part of the operating system, and it is used for various functions such as opening the Start menu, launching apps, and accessing shortcuts. If your Windows key is not working, it can be frustrating and can affect your productivity. However, there are several solutions that you can try to fix this issue.
Here are some of the solutions that you can try to fix the Windows key not working issue:
1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue. Restart your computer and check if the Windows key is working.
2. Check for updates: Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your computer.
3. Check your keyboard: If your keyboard is not working properly, it can affect the Windows key. Check if any other keys on your keyboard are not working. If yes, try using a different keyboard and check if the Windows key is working.
4. Check for malware: Malware can affect the functioning of your computer, including the Windows key. Run a malware scan using your antivirus software and remove any detected malware.
5. Check your keyboard settings: Make sure that the Windows key is not disabled in your keyboard settings. Go to Settings > Devices > Keyboard and make sure that the “Use the Windows key” option is turned on.
6. Use the on-screen keyboard: If your physical keyboard is not working, you can use the on-screen keyboard to access the Windows key. Go to Start > Windows Ease of Access > On-Screen Keyboard and use the Windows key from there.
In conclusion, the Windows key not working issue can be frustrating, but there are several solutions that you can try to fix it. If none of the above solutions work, you can try contacting Microsoft support for further assistance.
I hope that one of the solutions provided above has helped you fix the Windows key not working issue. Remember to always keep your Windows operating system up to date and run regular malware scans to prevent any issues from occurring in the future. If you continue to face this problem, don’t hesitate to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.