If you are encountering the error code 0X80072F8F – 0X20000 while using the Media Creation Tool, it means that there is an issue with the SSL certificate validation on your computer. This error can occur due to various reasons such as incorrect date and time settings, outdated or corrupted system files, or issues with the Windows Update service.
Here are some steps you can take to fix the error code 0X80072F8F – 0X20000:
1. Check your date and time settings: Ensure that your computer’s date and time settings are correct. If they are incorrect, adjust them accordingly and try running the Media Creation Tool again.
2. Disable third-party antivirus software: Sometimes, third-party antivirus software can interfere with the SSL certificate validation process. Try disabling your antivirus software temporarily and see if the error persists.
3. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter: The Windows Update troubleshooter can help identify and fix issues with the Windows Update service. To run the troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update.
4. Reset the Windows Update components: If the Windows Update troubleshooter does not fix the issue, you can try resetting the Windows Update components. To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Perform a system file check: The error code 0X80072F8F – 0X20000 can also occur due to corrupted system files. To check for and repair any corrupted system files, open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:
Once the scan is complete, restart your computer and try running the Media Creation Tool again.
In conclusion, the error code 0X80072F8F – 0X20000 can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to fix it. Try the solutions mentioned above and see if they work for you. If the error persists, you may need to seek further assistance from Microsoft support.ConclusionI hope that the steps provided were helpful in resolving the error code 0X80072F8F – 0X20000 while using the Media Creation Tool. Remember to check your date and time settings, disable third-party antivirus software, run the Windows Update troubleshooter, reset the Windows Update components, and perform a system file check. If the error persists, don’t hesitate to seek further assistance from Microsoft support. Good luck!