If you are experiencing abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe, it can be frustrating and cause your computer to slow down. Svchost.exe is a process that runs in the background of your computer and is responsible for running various services and programs. When it uses too much CPU, it can be a sign that something is wrong.
Here are some steps you can take to solve the problem:
1. Identify the service causing the high CPU usage: Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, and go to the Processes tab. Look for the svchost.exe process that is using the most CPU. Right-click on it and select “Go to Service(s).” This will show you the services that are running under that svchost.exe process. Note down the name of the service causing the high CPU usage.
2. Stop the service causing the high CPU usage: Once you have identified the service causing the high CPU usage, you can stop it by going to the Services app. Press the Windows key + R, type “services.msc” and press Enter. Look for the service you identified in step 1, right-click on it and select “Stop.” This will stop the service and should reduce the CPU usage.
3. Disable the service causing the high CPU usage: If stopping the service doesn’t solve the problem, you can try disabling it. Go back to the Services app, right-click on the service and select “Properties.” Change the Startup type to “Disabled” and click OK. This will prevent the service from starting automatically and should prevent the high CPU usage.
4. Update Windows: Sometimes, high CPU usage from svchost.exe can be caused by outdated Windows updates. Make sure your computer is up to date by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking “Check for updates.” Install any available updates and restart your computer.
5. Run a virus scan: It’s possible that the high CPU usage is caused by a virus or malware. Run a full virus scan using your antivirus software to check for any threats.
By following these steps, you should be able to solve the problem of abnormally high CPU usage from svchost.exe. If the problem persists, you may need to seek further assistance from a computer technician.ConclusionI hope these steps were helpful in resolving the issue of high CPU usage from svchost.exe. Remember to always keep your computer up to date and run regular virus scans to prevent any future problems. If you have any further issues, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from a professional.