If you are seeing the message ‘Wireless capability is turned off’ on your Windows device, it means that your computer’s wireless network adapter is disabled. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as a software glitch, a hardware issue, or a user error. However, the good news is that this problem can be easily fixed by following a few simple steps.
Here are some solutions that you can try to fix the ‘Wireless capability is turned off’ error on your Windows device:
1. Check the physical switch or button: Some laptops have a physical switch or button that can turn the wireless adapter on or off. Make sure that the switch or button is in the ‘on’ position.
2. Use the keyboard shortcut: Many laptops have a keyboard shortcut that can enable or disable the wireless adapter. Look for a key that has a wireless icon or a radio tower symbol on it, and press it to toggle the wireless adapter on or off.
3. Enable the adapter in Device Manager: Open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting ‘Device Manager’ from the menu. Look for the ‘Network adapters’ category, expand it, and right-click on your wireless adapter. Select ‘Enable’ from the context menu.
4. Restart the WLAN AutoConfig service: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter. Look for the ‘WLAN AutoConfig’ service, right-click on it, and select ‘Restart’ from the context menu.
5. Update the wireless adapter driver: Open the Device Manager, right-click on your wireless adapter, and select ‘Update driver’ from the context menu. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest driver for your adapter.
6. Reset the BIOS settings: Restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup by pressing the key that appears on the screen during boot-up (usually F2 or Del). Look for the wireless adapter settings and make sure that they are enabled. Save the changes and exit the BIOS.
In conclusion, the ‘Wireless capability is turned off’ error on Windows can be frustrating, but it is usually easy to fix. By following the above solutions, you should be able to get your wireless adapter up and running again in no time.ConclusionI hope that the solutions provided above were helpful in resolving the ‘Wireless capability is turned off’ error on your Windows device. If you continue to experience issues, it may be worth seeking further assistance from a technical expert or contacting the manufacturer of your device. Remember to always check for updates and keep your drivers up to date to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.