If you are experiencing high disk usage on your Windows computer, you may have noticed that the process “wsappx” is using up a significant amount of your disk space. This process is related to the Windows Store and is responsible for installing, updating, and uninstalling apps on your computer. While it is a necessary process, it can sometimes cause high disk usage, which can slow down your computer and cause other performance issues.
Here are some steps you can take to stop “wsappx” from using the whole disk:
1. Check for updates: Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, high disk usage can be caused by outdated software or drivers. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
2. Disable Windows Store: If you don’t use the Windows Store, you can disable it to prevent “wsappx” from using up your disk space. To do this, open the Group Policy Editor by pressing Windows key + R and typing “gpedit.msc” in the Run dialog box. Then, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store and double-click “Turn off the Store application.” Select “Enabled” and click “OK.”
3. Reset Windows Store Cache: If the Windows Store cache is corrupted, it can cause high disk usage. To reset the cache, open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type “wsreset.exe” and press Enter.
4. Disable Automatic App Updates: If you have automatic app updates enabled, it can cause “wsappx” to use up your disk space. To disable automatic app updates, go to Settings > Apps > Microsoft Store > App Updates and turn off “Update apps automatically.”
5. Use a Disk Cleanup Tool: You can use a disk cleanup tool to remove unnecessary files and free up disk space. Windows has a built-in Disk Cleanup tool that you can use. To access it, right-click on the drive you want to clean up and select “Properties.” Then, click on “Disk Cleanup” and select the files you want to delete.
In conclusion, “wsappx” is a necessary process for the Windows Store, but it can sometimes cause high disk usage. By following the steps above, you can reduce the amount of disk space it uses and improve the performance of your computer.
by following the steps mentioned above, you can effectively stop “wsappx” from using the whole disk and improve the performance of your Windows computer. If you continue to experience high disk usage, it may be worth seeking further assistance from a technical expert.