CompatTelRunner.exe is a legitimate Windows process that is responsible for collecting diagnostic information about your computer and sending it to Microsoft. This information is used to improve the performance and reliability of Windows. However, some users have reported that this process can cause their PC to slow down or even freeze during startup.
Here are some possible reasons why CompatTelRunner.exe is causing issues on your PC:
– High CPU usage: CompatTelRunner.exe can use a lot of CPU resources, especially during the initial scan. This can cause your PC to slow down or become unresponsive.
– Conflicts with other programs: Some antivirus or security software may interfere with CompatTelRunner.exe and cause it to malfunction.
– Outdated or corrupted files: If some of the files related to CompatTelRunner.exe are outdated or corrupted, it may cause the process to fail or hang.
To fix the issue with CompatTelRunner.exe, you can try the following solutions:
1. Disable CompatTelRunner.exe: If you don’t want CompatTelRunner.exe to run on your PC, you can disable it using the Task Scheduler. Here’s how:
– Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
– Type “taskschd.msc” and press Enter to open the Task Scheduler.
– In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Application Experience.
– In the right pane, right-click on “Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser” and select Disable.
2. Limit CPU usage: If you want to keep CompatTelRunner.exe running but limit its CPU usage, you can use the Resource Monitor. Here’s how:
– Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
– Click on the Performance tab and then click on Open Resource Monitor.
– In the CPU tab, find CompatTelRunner.exe and right-click on it.
– Select “Suspend Process” and wait a few seconds.
– Right-click on CompatTelRunner.exe again and select “Resume Process”.
– Repeat this process a few times until the CPU usage drops to a reasonable level.
3. Update Windows: If the issue is caused by outdated or corrupted files, you can try updating Windows to the latest version. Here’s how:
– Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
– Click on Update & Security and then click on Check for updates.
– If there are any updates available, download and install them.
– Restart your PC andConclusionCompatTelRunner.exe is a legitimate Windows process that can sometimes cause issues on your PC during startup. However, there are several solutions you can try to fix the problem, such as disabling the process, limiting its CPU usage, or updating Windows. If you continue to experience issues, you may want to seek further assistance from a technical expert.