If you are seeing the error message “The program can’t start because gdiplus.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem” on your Windows computer, it means that the gdiplus.dll file, which is a crucial component of the Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI+), is either missing or corrupted. This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as a malware infection, a faulty installation of a program, or a Windows update gone wrong.
Fortunately, there are several ways to fix this error and get your computer back to normal. Here are some solutions you can try:
1. Reinstall the program: As the error message suggests, one of the easiest ways to fix this error is to reinstall the program that is causing it. This will replace any missing or corrupted files, including the gdiplus.dll file, and should resolve the issue. To do this, simply uninstall the program from your computer and then download and install the latest version from the official website.
2. Run a malware scan: Malware infections can often cause DLL errors, including the gdiplus.dll error. To rule out this possibility, run a full system scan using your antivirus software or a dedicated malware removal tool. If any threats are detected, remove them and then restart your computer.
3. Use System File Checker: Windows has a built-in tool called System File Checker (SFC) that can scan your system for corrupted or missing files and repair them automatically. To use this tool, open an elevated Command Prompt (search for “cmd” in the Start menu, right-click on Command Prompt, and select “Run as administrator”) and type the following command: “sfc /scannow”. Wait for the scan to complete and then restart your computer.
4. Update your drivers: Outdated or faulty device drivers can also cause DLL errors. To update your drivers, go to the Device Manager (search for “device manager” in the Start menu), right-click on the device you want to update, and select “Update driver”. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest driver.
5. Perform a system restore: If none of the above solutions work, you can try restoring your system to a previous state when it was working fine. To do this, go to the Control Panel, select “Recovery”, and then choose “Open System Restore”. Follow the on-screen instructions to select a restore point and then wait for
the gdiplus.dll error can be frustrating, but it is usually fixable. By trying the solutions outlined above, you should be able to resolve the issue and get your computer back to normal. If you continue to experience problems, don’t hesitate to seek further assistance from a qualified technician or support forum. Good luck!