If you have recently seen the message “Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete – category ‘windows'” on your computer screen, it means that your computer has detected some issues with the hard drive and is attempting to fix them. This message usually appears when you start your computer or when you restart it after a sudden shutdown.
Here are some possible reasons why you might see this message:
– Your computer shut down unexpectedly due to a power outage, hardware failure, or software crash.
– Your hard drive has bad sectors or other errors that need to be repaired.
– Your computer’s file system is corrupted or damaged.
If you see this message frequently, it could be a sign that your hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced. However, before you jump to conclusions, here are some steps you can take to fix the problem:
1. Let the scan and repair process complete: If your computer is still scanning and repairing the drive, wait for it to finish. This process can take some time, depending on the size of your hard drive and the extent of the errors.
2. Check your hard drive for errors: You can use the built-in Windows tool called “Check Disk” to scan your hard drive for errors and fix them. Here’s how:
– Press the Windows key + X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
– Type “chkdsk C: /f /r” (without quotes) and press Enter.
– If prompted, type “Y” to schedule a disk check for the next time you restart your computer.
– Restart your computer and let the disk check run. This process can take some time, so be patient.
3. Update your drivers and software: Outdated drivers and software can cause conflicts and errors that can lead to hard drive issues. Make sure your computer is up to date with the latest updates and patches.
4. Run a virus scan: Malware and viruses can also cause hard drive issues. Use a reliable antivirus program to scan your computer and remove any threats.
5. Backup your data: If your hard drive is failing, it’s important to backup your important data as soon as possible. Use an external hard drive or cloud storage service to store your files.
In conclusion, seeing the message “Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete – category ‘windows'” on your computer screen can be alarming, but it’s not necessarily a cause for panic. Follow the steps above to fix the problem
By following these steps, you can resolve the issue of “Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete – category ‘windows'” and ensure that your computer is running smoothly. Remember to backup your important data regularly and keep your computer updated with the latest software and drivers to prevent future issues. If you continue to experience problems with your hard drive, it may be time to consider replacing it.