If you are encountering the error message “Permission error – Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.” while trying to access a file or folder on your Windows computer, it means that you do not have the necessary permissions to view or modify the contents of that particular file or folder. This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as incorrect user permissions, file ownership issues, or corrupted system files.
Here are some steps you can take to fix this error:
1. Check your user permissions: Make sure that you have the necessary permissions to access the file or folder in question. If you are not the owner of the file or folder, you may need to request permission from the owner or an administrator.
2. Take ownership of the file or folder: If you are the administrator of the computer, you can take ownership of the file or folder to gain access. To do this, right-click on the file or folder, select “Properties,” go to the “Security” tab, click “Advanced,” and then click “Change” next to the owner’s name. Select your user account and click “OK” to take ownership.
3. Check for corrupted system files: Use the System File Checker tool to scan for and repair any corrupted system files that may be causing the error. To do this, open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter. Wait for the scan to complete and then restart your computer.
4. Disable any third-party antivirus software: Sometimes, third-party antivirus software can interfere with file and folder permissions. Try disabling your antivirus software temporarily and see if the error goes away.
5. Use a file recovery tool: If none of the above steps work, you may need to use a file recovery tool to recover the contents of the file or folder. There are many free and paid tools available online that can help you recover lost or inaccessible files.
In conclusion, the “Permission error – Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.” error can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to fix it. By following the above steps, you should be able to gain access to the file or folder in question and resolve the error.
I hope that the steps I provided were helpful in resolving the “Permission error – Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.” issue on your Windows computer. If you continue to encounter this error or have any other technical issues, don’t hesitate to seek further assistance from a qualified technician or support team.