If you are experiencing a situation where your PC boots up but the monitor shows ‘no signal’ and the keyboard is not working, it can be quite frustrating. This issue can be caused by a variety of factors, including hardware problems, software issues, or even incorrect BIOS settings. However, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Here are some possible solutions to try:
1. Check the connections: Make sure that all cables are properly connected to your PC, including the power cable, monitor cable, and keyboard cable. If any of these cables are loose or disconnected, it can cause the ‘no signal’ error.
2. Test the monitor and keyboard: Try connecting your monitor and keyboard to another computer to see if they work properly. If they do, then the problem may be with your PC.
3. Reset the BIOS: Sometimes, incorrect BIOS settings can cause the ‘no signal’ error. To reset the BIOS, turn off your PC and unplug it from the power source. Then, open the case and locate the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery for a few minutes, then reinsert it and turn on your PC.
4. Check the graphics card: If you have a dedicated graphics card, make sure that it is properly seated in the PCIe slot. You can also try removing the card and reinserting it to ensure a proper connection.
5. Boot in safe mode: If your PC boots up in safe mode, it may indicate a software issue. To boot in safe mode, restart your PC and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. Select ‘Safe Mode’ and see if your monitor and keyboard work properly.
6. Update drivers: Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause hardware issues. Try updating your graphics card and keyboard drivers to the latest version.
7. Check for malware: Malware can cause various issues with your PC, including hardware problems. Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware infections.
In conclusion, if your PC boots up but the monitor shows ‘no signal’ and the keyboard is not working, it can be a frustrating experience. However, by following the above steps, you can troubleshoot and fix the problem. If none of these solutions work, it may be time to seek professional help.ConclusionI hope that the solutions provided were helpful in resolving the issue of your PC booting up but the monitor showing ‘no signal’ and the keyboard not working. Remember to check all connections, reset the BIOS, update drivers, and run a malware scan. If the problem persists, it may be best to seek professional help. Good luck!