If you are having trouble setting up your Hotmail account in Outlook 2013, there could be a few reasons why. Here are some possible solutions to help you get your account up and running:
1. Check your internet connection: Before you start troubleshooting, make sure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. If your connection is weak or intermittent, it could cause issues with setting up your account.
2. Verify your login credentials: Double-check that you are using the correct email address and password for your Hotmail account. If you have recently changed your password, make sure to update it in Outlook as well.
3. Enable two-factor authentication: If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Hotmail account, you may need to generate an app password to use with Outlook. This can be done through your Microsoft account settings.
4. Update Outlook: Make sure that you have the latest version of Outlook installed on your computer. Older versions may not be compatible with Hotmail accounts.
5. Check your account settings: In Outlook, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Make sure that your Hotmail account is listed and that the server settings are correct. You may need to consult with your email provider to get the correct settings.
6. Disable antivirus software: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with email clients like Outlook. Try disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.
7. Try a different email client: If all else fails, you may want to try setting up your Hotmail account in a different email client to see if the issue is specific to Outlook.
By following these steps, you should be able to set up your Hotmail account in Outlook 2013 without any issues. If you continue to experience problems, you may want to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.ConclusionWe hope that these solutions have helped you in setting up your Hotmail account in Outlook 2013. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to Microsoft support for additional assistance. Good luck!