If you are facing the issue where your MS Teams status indicates that you are away even when you are online and active on your laptop, then there could be a few reasons behind it. This issue can be frustrating as it can lead to miscommunication and misunderstandings with your colleagues. However, there are some solutions that you can try to fix this problem.
Here are some possible reasons and solutions for this issue:
1. Inactivity Timeout: MS Teams has an inactivity timeout feature that automatically changes your status to “Away” if you are inactive for a certain period of time. This feature is designed to save battery life and reduce data usage. To fix this issue, you can change the inactivity timeout settings by following these steps:
– Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the MS Teams app.
– Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
– Click on “Privacy” from the left-hand menu.
– Scroll down to the “Inactivity” section and adjust the slider to your preferred time.
2. Presence Status: MS Teams uses your presence status to indicate whether you are available, busy, away, or offline. If your presence status is not updating correctly, then it could be due to a synchronization issue between MS Teams and your calendar or Outlook. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:
– Check your calendar and Outlook settings to ensure that they are synced with MS Teams.
– Sign out of MS Teams and sign back in again.
– Restart your computer and try again.
3. Network Connectivity: If your network connectivity is poor or unstable, then MS Teams may not be able to update your status correctly. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:
– Check your network connection and ensure that it is stable.
– Restart your router or modem.
– Try using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection.
In conclusion, if your MS Teams status indicates that you are away even when you are online and active on your laptop, then you can try the above solutions to fix the issue. If none of these solutions work, then you can contact MS Teams support for further assistance.
I hope that the solutions provided above will help you resolve the issue of your MS Teams status indicating that you are away even when you are online and active on your laptop. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact MS Teams support for further assistance. Good luck!