If you have recently updated your Windows 11 operating system and are now facing the “inaccessible boot device” error, you are not alone. This error is quite common after a Windows update and can be caused by a variety of reasons such as outdated drivers, corrupted system files, or even hardware issues.
Here are some steps you can take to fix the “inaccessible boot device” error:
1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue. So, try restarting your computer and see if the error goes away.
2. Check your hardware: Make sure that all your hardware components are properly connected and functioning. If you recently installed new hardware, try removing it and see if the error goes away.
3. Check for driver updates: Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause the “inaccessible boot device” error. So, check for driver updates and install them if available.
4. Use System Restore: If the error occurred after a recent Windows update, you can try using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state when it was working fine.
5. Use Command Prompt: You can use Command Prompt to run some commands that can fix the error. Here’s how:
– Boot your computer using a Windows installation media.
– Select your language preferences and click on “Next”.
– Click on “Repair your computer”.
– Select “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced options” > “Command Prompt”.
– Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each one:
– bootrec /fixmbr
– bootrec /fixboot
– bootrec /scanos
– bootrec /rebuildbcd
– Restart your computer and see if the error goes away.
6. Reinstall Windows: If none of the above methods work, you can try reinstalling Windows. Make sure to backup your important files before doing so.
In conclusion, the “inaccessible boot device” error can be frustrating, but it can be fixed by following the above steps. If you are not comfortable performing these steps on your own, you can seek the help of a professional.ConclusionI hope that the steps provided were helpful in resolving the “inaccessible boot device” error after a Windows update. Remember to always keep your drivers and system files up to date to avoid such errors in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to seek the help of a professional.