Microsoft Teams is a popular collaboration tool that allows users to communicate and work together seamlessly. One of the features of Teams is the ability to change your display name. However, changing your display name in Teams can also affect your Outlook display name, which can be a problem for some users. In this article, we will discuss how to change your Teams display name without affecting your Outlook display name.
Here are the steps to change your Teams display name without affecting your Outlook display name:
1. Open Microsoft Teams and click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
3. In the Settings menu, click on “Privacy” and then click on “Edit name.”
4. Change your display name to the desired name and click on “Save.”
5. Your Teams display name will now be updated, but your Outlook display name will remain the same.
It is important to note that changing your Teams display name will not affect your email address or your login credentials. It will only change the name that is displayed to other users in Teams.
In conclusion, changing your Teams display name without affecting your Outlook display name is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps. By following the steps outlined above, you can update your Teams display name without any negative impact on your Outlook display name.ConclusionWe hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of changing your Teams display name without affecting your Outlook display name. With these simple steps, you can update your Teams display name to better reflect your identity and preferences, without any negative impact on your Outlook display name. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to the Teams support team for assistance.