Studying in a comfortable atmosphere, with the people one likes, or even starting with topics of interest can help in developing an interest or even love for studying thus making studying an easy task. Different students have different learning abilities and techniques and methods of learning and pursuing studies. If the students are being taught in the way they like, then they may enjoy studies as a fun activity and not a burden or compulsive activity.
Every student feels overwhelmed by studies especially during exams and looks upon studies as a burden and not something fun and interesting. To make studying an easy and interesting process, students need to understand its importance and what an important role it plays in building a better future. Thus if students understand the importance of studies then they might not just study to pass the exams but for future security and also self-betterment.
If interesting study methods are included in the learning process, then students might not lose interest in the first place, and they would look forward to studying every day, taking part in the competitions, getting good grades in the exam, and much more. Hereunder are a few tips to make studying an easy process :
- Choosing the most comfortable and suitable learning style
- Learning by reading and writing
- Learning through watching content videos and educational documentaries
- Trying a practical approach to learn easily and making the learning process more fun
- Setting up a comfortable study space
- Including non-scholastic activities alongwith studies
1. Choosing the most comfortable and suitable learning style
Before starting with the learning process for any subject, one should check which learning style goes hand in with the subject. For subjects like history, biology one can utilize reading or listening, for subjects like maths one can use writing and working calculations but for subjects like chemistry, physics one can try out experimenting and learning. Choosing the most comfortable learning style is the crucial part to initiate the learning process for different subjects. Finding the relevance of what one learns and where is it helpful may boost interest in that certain subject or topic. Once one finds relevance of what is being taught to the real-life necessities then one can easily enjoy that process of learning. For example :
- One can also do activities like creating art, a mnemonic device or even a jingle out of the content to be learned and remembering through that art
- History classes can help in understanding popular ethical books, events in history and much more.
- Watching certain educational documentaries and movies to understand certain subjects or topics.
2. Learning by reading and writing
Reading daily can be one of the main reasons to increase knowledge. Books are the roots of the knowledge tree. One can learn by reading or writing the same content out or making keynotes. Making handwritten notes in the way one is comfortable to learn helps a lot in learning faster. One can use these different techniques in making handwritten notes like :
- Using different tools like pencils, markers, highlighters, or pens to make more grasping notes.
- Pinning the notes or using colourful sticky notes right in front of the study place also helps in learning faster.
3. Learning through watching content videos and educational documentaries
Learning through watching content videos and educational documentaries can be one of the best ways to learn for the students who learn best through a visual learning style. By watching some worthy and knowledgeable study-related content can help in increasing the knowledge. One can also watch educational documentaries to learn the boring topics. One can also stream through various search engines and gain knowledge about the study content. One can also use educational Apps to make the learning process more fun and easy.
4. Trying a practical approach to learning easily and making the learning process more fun
After reading something its application makes it more meaningful and fulfilling. Sometimes just learning might not be that helpful as its application. Trying a practical approach to learning easily and making the learning process more fun is the best way to learn for all kinesthetic learners. Trying out different practical learning styles for different subjects can help an individual to distinguish between which style to utilize for which subject and more. Trying something practically can help in remembering it for a long time. One never stops being a student. One has to learn new things daily to be more progressive and successful in every stage of life. Finding out what excites an individual may provide a way to choose the learning style.
5. Setting up a comfortable study space
Setting up a pleasant study space or dedicating a permanent space to set up a study table can motivate an individual to study regularly. Creating a study atmosphere suitable to one taste such as pasting positive slogans, planting indoor plants, decorating the study space to one liking to increase the time of study sessions. Keeping the workspace or study space clean, leads to positive thoughts and vibes which in turn leads to fewer distractions and more focus. Below are a few points for how to set up a study space :
- Finding a place that is more connected to nature or with a window in order to get fresh air.
- If one prefers to sit on the floor one can create such a floor space for studying.
- One should always choose a well lit space.
6. Including non-scholastic activities alongwith studies
Including non-scholastic activities like creating art out of the content to be learned and remembering through that art, acting out a skit or playing with characters can also help to remember a lot of names for the subjects like history, creating games and playing them along with studies with the contents of study can also be of much help. Thus studying can also become a fun activity with the help of such fun non-scholastic activities.