1. which of the next statements by mme. loisel from “the necklace” represents a reality? a. “ solely i don’t have a night gown and subsequently i can’t go to that affair” b.” it’s embarrassing to not have a jewel or a single gem-nothing to put on on my gown” c.”there’s nothing extra humiliating than to look poor amongst lots of wealthy ladies” 2. what’s the connotation of the phrase widespread as it’s used on this excerpt from “the necklace”? a. typical b. unrefined c. unexceptional 3. which of the next phrases makes use of hyphens incorrectly? a. ex-boyfriend b. self-cleaning c. two-quarters : )
1). A 2). A (this may not be true, until you present the excerpt to be 100% positive 3). B Rationalization:
1. A.“solely I don’t have a night gown and subsequently I can’t go to that affair” 2. B. unrefined 3. C. two-quarters Rationalization: 1. A reality is an announcement that may be confirmed proper or improper with additional investigation. Due to this fact, a reality can’t be a private opinion that’s neither proper or improper. Choices B and C describe some conditions as “embarrassing” and “humiliating,” that are opinions. Possibility A is the one one which expresses a reality. 2. On this story, the phrase “widespread” is used to outline one thing that’s not refined or refined. 3. “Two quarters” doesn’t want a hyphen, as “two” is an adjective that describes “quarters” and that may stand by itself.
2. I believe you forgot to offer the alternatives together with the query. I’m answering the query primarily based on my analysis. “unrefined ” is the connotation of the phrase widespread as it’s used on this excerpt from “The Necklace”.
1. A., 2. disapproving, vulgar, typical of a low class Rationalization: 1. In “The Necklace” by Man de Maupassant, the assertion by Mme. Loisel that represents a reality is “Solely I haven’t got a night gown and subsequently I can not go to that affair.” When each Mathilde Loisel and her husband are invited to a flowery get together she states that she can not go as a result of she has nothing to put on. This can be a reality. Her husband offers her the cash for a flowery gown. 2. The connotation of the phrase “widespread” as it’s used on this excerpt from “The Necklace”, is vulgar and disapproving, typical of a low class, vulgar. The other of aristocratic. Mme. Forestier doesn’t acknowledge Mme. Loisel as a result of she appears of a decrease class than hers.
“Solely I haven’t got a night gown and subsequently I can not go to that affair.” Rationalization:
“Solely I don’t have a night gown and subsequently I can’t go to that affair.” Rationalization: That is the one sentence that represents a reality. A reality is a declare that may be confirmed proper or improper. On this case, it will be attainable to test whether or not Mme. Loisel really has a gown or not. Alternatively, the remainder of the statements are opinions. It is because we can not show that it’s “embarrassing” to not have jewels or “humiliating” to look poor. These statements rely upon private notion, not on proof.
I haven’t got a night gown and can’t go to that affair is a reality as a result of it’s clear that the speaker would not have a gown. The others are basic statements of opinion.
Somebody who isn’t regal rich or noble who’s shocked at being spoken to in a casual method.
The reply could be a.
- Which of the following best illustrates the advertising revenue model? - November 29, 2022
- How many moles of CO2 are produced when 5.65 mol of ethane are burned in an excess of oxygen? - November 29, 2022
- A 10cm×10cm×10cm wood block with a density of 690 kg/m3 floats in water. - November 29, 2022